Today marks the start of another new journey. My wife and I are both registered for Ironman Florida, November 6th, 2010 !! Online registration opened at noon, the day after the race(Sunday). I hit the General Entry right at noon to make sure I got a slot as they have sold out quickly in the past. Unless you are at the race site to register in person, online registration can be a nerve-racking.
Whew!!…I went back to the site maybe 2 hrs later and saw that the “2010 Ford Ironman Florida General Entry is SOLD OUT.”
So, if you missed out on IMFL, check for another IM event.
- Mark the sign up date on your calendar
- Create an Active.com username/password as the race website redirects you to Active.com for sign-up.
- Know the “exact time” that the online registration process is supposed to start(usually noon the day after the race).
- Be online at the website for the race, i.e., http://www.ironmanflorida.com/
- Hit the Entry button and go through the process of filling out your info.
- Just make sure you don’t wait and say, Ok I’ll just sign up sometime this afternoon…It will be too late.
- Good Luck
That gives us only 363 more days to train and prepare. This will be my 2nd Ironman, and my first since 2000. I hope to pass along helpful training information in the weeks, months ahead. Hope to see you in Panama City 2010 !