|Subscribe to Open Water Swim NC|
|Visit this group|
This page is for anyone (especially in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area) that would like to meet up with other athletes in the area to practice open water swimming. There’s no set schedule, doesn’t cost anything, and there’s no commitment on your part. This is NOT a competition, and all swimmers are welcome.
Part of the Challenge of open water swimming is not being able to get enough experience prior to a race. If you’re like me, your open water swim planning is something like this:
- I have a race in 1 month.
- I should practice open water swimming sometime.
- Where is a good place to practice open water swimming?
- I should bring a buddy to swim with just in case, but our schedules never work out.
The goal is to get a fairly large number of people signed up so that when anyone wants to practice open water swimming, you just send an email to the mailer list to see if anyone else is interested. This will allow you to meet as a group, with other triathletes in a safer environment than just swimming alone(never swim alone!!).
* You SHOULD be proficient at swimming as there is NO Lifeguard on duty.
* This is an entirely swim at your own risk kind of thing.
There are hundreds if not thousands of Triathletes in the area of all abilities, so there are lots of folks to meet up with.