It’s been 2.5 years since I purchased the DJI Phantom 2. I suspect there are quite a few other pilots out there that have a functioning PH2, but have dead batteries. Unfortunately, DJI no longer sells the accessories for PH2 series drones. At some point I had a significant crash that damaged the battery and needed replacing. I purchased some knockoff battery(can’t remember from where), that lasted about 3 flights and then would not hold a charge above 20%. Since then I came across Powerextra, which is selling batteries for just about anything you can think of. I checked and sure enough they also carry the Intelligent replacement battery for the DJI PH2 series quads.
- 14.4 ounces
- 5.1 x 1.8 x 3.2 inches
- Battery type: Lithium-Polymer battery
- Output power: 11.1V 5200mAh 57.72Wh
- Discharge current: 10C (52A)
- Operating temperature: 0-40 Celsius degree
- Replacement for : DJI Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision+
- Advertised Flight Time 20-25 minutes.
- Real world for me with a GoPro Hero 4 Black and ZenMuse H3-3D Gimbal ~17-20 minutes. Most flights were in December (30F – 50F), under normal flying conditions.
So far I have charged/discharged this battery about 10 times and have had no issues. I typically like to have 2 of these batteries for my needs…max flight time of about 40 minutes on any given day. At $62.99 on Amazon, it is still more than I would like to spend on a battery, but I can now hold off upgrading the quad for a while longer.